The International Academy for Professional Development Ltd and affiliated Centres’ bespoke courses have been designed and developed specifically as continuing or initial or intermediate professional development programmes (ie CPD or IPD) recognised by leading professional bodies. As a training provider, we run courses on a range of topics at different levels from coaching and coaching psychology to stress management and therapy in partnership with our affiliated centres, Centre for Coaching and Centre for Stress Management.
Our programmes are at various levels from introductory to advanced:
- Primary certificates (introductory to intermediate)
- Certificate in Coaching (introductory level)
- Certificate in Stress Management & Performance Coaching (introductory)
- Certificate in Psychological Coaching (intermediate/advanced)
- Certificate in Coaching Psychology (intermediate/advanced level)
- Diploma in Coaching (intermediate/advanced level)
- Diploma in Psychological Coaching and the Diploma in Coaching Psychology (advanced level)
- Foundation Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (introductory)
- Foundation Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural & Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (introductory)
- Certificate in Stress Management (introductory)
- Certificate in Stress Management, Health & Wellbeing Coaching (introductory)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (introductory to intermediate)
- Advanced Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies and Stress Management (intermediate)
The Levels quoted are provided as a general guide for comparative uses only. For example, if you have little or no coaching experience and/or no relevant coaching qualifications, then it may be advisable to start your training with an introductory programme. Our introductory, intermediate and advanced levels do not directly relate to the Framework for Higher Education Qualification (FHEQ) and Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) qualification levels. Our courses are not regulated by Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and do not provide university credits.
Certificates of attendance are provided on all courses. Students can choose to enrol for an ILM Development programmes. Although these are not qualifications, the ILM have evaluated all aspects of programme delivery. On completion of their programme, students receive an ILM Development certificate.
In order to obtain an International Academy for Professional Development Ltd (IAFPD) primary certificate, certificate, diploma or advanced diploma, assignments will need to be successfully completed. These certificated courses are IAFPD qualifications only. They do not provide academic credits The courses are all recognised by relevant professional bodies for the purposes of continuing professional development. Some professional bodies recognise courses as initial or intermediate professional development for students working towards accreditation or recognition by the professional body, for example, the International Society for Coaching Psychology and the Association for Coaching (ie Accredited Advanced Diploma in Coaching). The Institute of Leadership and Management recognise our two, 5-day ILM Development Programmes as leading to associate and full membership of their professional body.
Most certificated courses including 2-day primary certificates involve pre-course reading/preparation and written assignments undertaken at home or at your office. Depending upon the programme, the written assignments may include between 3,500 words to over 5000 words. (The assignments are not graded apart from a pass or fail result. The pass mark is 40%. No specific feedback is provided although general advice is given if a student did not reach the pass mark. For an additional fee, feedback can be provided.)
If you have any queries about course levels or course recognition/accreditation, please contact Peter Ruddell, the Training Director.